Top Issues for Executry Practitioners in 2014
|Speaker||Alan Eccles (Partner, Brodies LLP)|
|Seminar Details||This seminar will cover a number of important issues for the busy executry practitioner.
Areas to be covered will include:-
· Cohabitation claims and legal rights: how to minimise the scope for unnecessary contention and risk in executries
· How will the new rules on trust taxation affect executries?
· Dealing with business interests
· The ever increasing incidence of international assets and connections
· The latest from HMRC on IHT and proper reporting
· Conditions attaching to charitable legacies and other charities issues in executries
· Dealing with the “most valuable assets”: death benefits and pension lump sums.
Alan Eccles is a partner at Brodies LLP specialising in private client and charities. His work covers wills, executries, trusts, incapacity law, succession planning for family and owner managed businesses and charity law. Alan is the author of the Scotland chapter in textbook, International Succession. Previously a member of legal staff at the Scottish Law Commission, Alan also lectures at the University of Strathclyde.
|Seminar Time||5.45pm - 7.15pm (registration from 5.30pm)|
|Booking Fee||£50 members; £75 non-members; £15 member trainees; £25 non-member trainees|
|Link to Booking Form||http://www.rfpg.org/cpd:booking|
Posted by RFPG on 04 Jul 2014 12:44
page revision: 4, last edited: 23 Jul 2014 14:29